2.26.2011

Saturday Life Drawing - Nikki

Need to add more depth to the fabrics. One thing I noticed with oil pastel, if you tried to use it to tone the paper, regardless how little you use it, as soon as you press down hard to spread it across the canvass, it forms this thin layer that makes it hard for more oil pastel to stay on. I wonder if it's the oil or anything that does that.
Also, certain color seems to stay on better and harder to blend away than others. For example, the prussian blue is harder to blend away if I put it down on canvas first. I would always put down some other color, then lightly add in the prussian blues and blend them. On the other hand, cerulean blue is easy to blend, I can put it down first or later, and it'll smoothly blend in with the other colors. I wonder if this has anything to do with the amount of pigment in the stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment